Journal Entries

Default Wicking women's underwear.

I dream of finding wicking underwear for my 2016 hike. I'd love a flap opening for easier pstyle use. I'd like them to be comfortable for the old woman I am. All I have seem at an outfitters were bikini style or is. Anyone here have more luck.

Check with Bonbon. She had a picture of what she wore on her gearlist at trailjournals. Sounds like you're gonna get stuck with men's underwear.

Do you sew? If you find a pair you like, you could remove the crotch panel and sew in a new one. I bet Just Bill has some good ideas on how to do it.

A Pstyle idea. Cut a small slot on the edge of the cotton panel, and another small slot on the other side in the outside material. That should give you a flap. But you might end up with a ruined panty also. Good luck!

Check out ExOfficio.com They have both female and male undies that are made to really breathe and dry very quickly when washed for longer hikers. My Freshette works better with the female briefs, though can work with both, but for a Pstyle if you want breathing/wicking + flaps, check out the male section.

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusParable View Post
    Check out ExOfficio.com They have both female and male undies that are made to really breathe and dry very quickly when washed for longer hikers. My Freshette works better with the female briefs, though can work with both, but for a Pstyle if you want breathing/wicking + flaps, check out the male section.
    I came here to make the above statement. ^^

I am a male that firmly believes in exofficio underwear and the flap access might be what you are looking for. Their underwear is nothing short of a miracle on the skin and dry from a full drench/wring out in about an hour given even moderate line drying conditions. They are a bit pricey for my taste and I only spoil myself with them while hiking but they are ooohhh so nice!

Journal Entries
    Images

I am kinda fond of my Underarmor ones. They dont have the flap, but they stay to the side really well and keep the moisture to a minimum.

~Pamela

“Not all those who wander are lost.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring"

about 1/2 through my hike this year i bought a pair of ibex wool underwear. I loved them. They were a bikini style but I also used a p-style and never had a problem.

My wife loves her patagucci underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusParable View Post
    I love my ExOfficio bikini underwear - even though I am overweight (Note: I liked them even when I was VERY overweight!).

My husband really likes his men's ExOfficio underwear, and after I tried them on (lol), I think they might serve your purpose - to have the flap for the "pstyle" use.

++ New Posts ++