Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

If we're talking about the same Nescafe packs I get them at the local Family Dollar store for $1.15 a box and I think the box is 7 packets.

Yes, those are the ones. They aren't readily available everywhere, at least not by me, but for $1/box they do the trick.

Journal Entries
    Images

I've been experimenting with my new to me "Vintage Comet 2 Cup" percolator - 181 grams of Joe:
    IMG_8067.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptainkriz View Post
    I've been experimenting with my new to me "Vintage Comet 2 Cup" percolator - 181 grams of Joe:
    IMG_8067.JPG
    Cool. Is that an Optimus wind screen? What stove are you using?

Journal Entries
    Images

Optimus wind screen and a BRS-3000. I like the windscreen a bunch! The wind screen keeps an Olicamp heat exchanger pot centered on the stove and fits inside with the fuel and the burner.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFishNut View Post
    I LOVE COFFEE.

I love my percolator, but it's too heavy. I'm leaning towards the Snow Peak coffee press (b/c it is light and makes 3 cups at a time - all for ME ME ME).

Anyone have a favorite coffee set-up they can recommend for consideration?

Happy New Year,
    FFN
    I use the Snow Peak coffee press. It makes good coffee. 3 cup/.5 liter capacity actually = 2 home mugs of coffee for me. My usual morning intake. If you attach the Snow Peak Hotlips you can drink straight from the press after pressing down the grounds and removing the plunger. You donít need to carry an extra cup. The grounds stay at the bottom. I just use regular ground coffee. You can put the Press straight on the stove and boil, but it is tall and narrow and very unstable on the stove. Better, I think, to boil in a pot and pour into to press.

Another thing Iíve tried was filling empty teabags with ground coffee. You can buy 100 bags for $1 on AliExpress. The ones I bought were not so big and it took two teabags to make a good cup. It takes some prep time making up the bags ahead of time, but itís a no-mess way to make a cup of coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I drink coffee all day. Always hot and always black. However, in my never ending quest for on the trail ease, I have discovered ICED Starbucks Via. Super easy and tastes great. Literally poor it into my Gatorade bottle and shake. So much easier for morning and for a quick mid day pick me up.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
++ New Posts ++