WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by dervari View Post
    I've seen a gadget you can hook onto luggage that screams when is moved without the proper code. That could be a possibility.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Sammy screamer $40 motion sensor, works from your smart phone as controller. Dobermanproducts -$20 motion sensor with key pad and pull pin both are small can't weigh much. Also from Rei item# 875927 a 30" cable combo lock, retractable -2oz. designed for skis & snow boards. I bought 2 locks, 1 for the bicycle, 1 for bags, and a screamer. Not sure either will come hiking, but maybe.

If your backpack looks more like a day pack than a huge "backpacking" backpack, you can usually get away with going anywhere with it. I've noticed a big difference in terms of where I can bring my pack if I have my CDT compressed way down to a day pack size (possible for overnights) vs. my Circuit with extension collar fully deployed and pockets loaded up. But actually even my Circuit sometimes doesn't get challenged when people with huge packs are not permitted to enter. I've noticed this a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    What's the false alarm rate on it? Leaving an unattended pack on a sidewalk or storefront with an alarm that goes off it is moved seems like a great way to piss off the locals.
    Don't have specifics. I would assume it's adjustable to account for slight movement caused by inadvertent bumps.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++