WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Belts for a big guy.

Anyone have suggestion for a hiking belt that will fit bigger guys? I need a belt to fit up to 52-54 but everything I am finding is 42 or smaller. I want something that dose not have much of buckle. Also would rather it not be medal.

Images

Make your own from webbing and hardware https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=n...ebbing+buckles
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Make your own from webbing and hardware https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=n...ebbing+buckles
    Did not think of that. Looking at the links Strapworks had a belt already made for $7. Thanks.

Casual Male, King Size, Bass Pro and look for a western store and a mens work clothes outlet.
    Rolls
    Rolls down the hill, Kanardly hike up the other hill
    May all your hikes have clear skies, fair winds and no rocks under your pad.

I make my own belts using two layers of 1.5" webbing with a piece of heavy stabilizer fabric sandwiched inside. Instead of a buckle, I use 5 inches of Velcro. It's much more comfortable than a buckle for my Dunlap's Disease...(my belly done lapped my belt!)
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

Journal Entries

What is a hiking belt?

All belts are uncomfortable under pack belts. The thinnest webbing that will hold your britches up is whats best. Best....is none. Just elastic and a drawstring if possible.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 01-18-2016 at 08:39.

I love my 5.11 TDU belts. It fits under my pack belt just fine.

http://www.511tactical.com/tdu-belt-...ic-buckle.html

If you can't find your size in the 5.11 TDU belt, put 2 of them together to make 1 long belt. The buckle is low profile enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

Im not sure if they make hiking specific belts, and the product itself would be unnecessary if they do… Id go find a light, cheap, thin belt from anywhere. Softer materials rather than leather will help prevent chaffing and irritation. Look outside of gear distributors and you should have no issue finding a suitable belt in your size, and most likely it'd be far cheaper.

What I am trying this year is a football belt. It's a web belt with two D rings attached at one end. Light weight and easy to adjust. Found it at a sporting goods store that sells football equipment for $2.

++ New Posts ++