WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: NOC to Atlanta

Default NOC to Atlanta

I am planning my first section hike from Springer to NOC in June. My plan is to fly into ATL and then get to the trailhead by shuttle, but I am having a hard time ending the hike.

Anyone know a good way to get from NOC back to ATL to fly home? Cheaper is better....

Try Ron's Appalachian Trail Shuttle @ 706-669-0919 or [email protected]. I used him in the past (last minute too) and was on time and efficient. From Atlanta to Fontana.

+1 on Ron. Excellent shuttle, reasonable prices.

It very expensive to get from NOC back to Atlanta.....

You're looking at like $250 - 300 prolly.

Journal Entries

Ron is a good guy. We've used him about 4 times. No complaints.
    Another point to consider is, how are you getting TO the trail? If you're using a shuttler, you might be able to arrange a slightly better deal by using the same person for your trip back to civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Ron is a good guy. We've used him about 4 times. No complaints.
    Another point to consider is, how are you getting TO the trail? If you're using a shuttler, you might be able to arrange a slightly better deal by using the same person for your trip back to civilization.
    I was planning on using Hiker Hostel to get me from the airport to their place and then from their place to the trailhead. I doubt they would come all the way up to NOC to get me.....

Images

Flying out of Asheville Regional Airport maybe cheaper flight at a smaller closer airport also it is half the drive distance from the NOC to ATL = 163 miles to NOC to Asheville = 81 miles. Cheaper shuttle fee could help to pay for airline ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Busky2 View Post
    Flying out of Asheville Regional Airport maybe cheaper flight at a smaller closer airport also it is half the drive distance from the NOC to ATL = 163 miles to NOC to Asheville = 81 miles. Cheaper shuttle fee could help to pay for airline ticket
    This is something to consider. Also call NOC. They may offer a shuttle to a closer by larger town. leave from there instaed of going all the way back to Atlanta. Personally, this is what I try to avoid: Hiking away from my out to back home having to retravel past my starting TH to get to the out. https://noc.com/directions

++ New Posts ++