WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

:banana katahdin cam!!! check it out!!

http://www.katahdincam.com/
    now you have a view from yer house!!

awesome! *bookmark
    Sardis Thru-Hiker Club - A 6.73 miler.

fantastic. Mmmmmmm... big K.....
    Don't take anything I say seriously... I certainly don't.

I'm about 120 miles south of K. and we are having a several inch an hour blizzard, the coast of Maine is enjoying an ice storm, The blizzard is heading right toward Katahdin so check it out just before dark tonight. I bet they get at least a foot of snow before midnight.

Images

The time lapse is awesome. Thanks for the link.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Default What next...Kennebec River Crossing Cam?

What happens at the Kennebec River stays there! Steve

tideblazer
    Images

cool! I just watched the sun rise on the Big K! Well, actually, it was a foggy tree that lightened up from darkness, but hey I can use my imagination, right?

www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

Images

Thumbs down

Thats SUCKS!! Why not just replace all the white blazes with cameras so we can all thru-hike from our living rooms! sheesh!!
    "Theres is no real hope of traveling perfectly light in the mountains.It is good to try,as long as you realize that,like proving a unified field theory,mastering Kanji,or routinely brewing the perfect cup of coffee,the game can never be won." Smoke Blanchard

tideblazer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Streamweaver
    Thats SUCKS!! Why not just replace all the white blazes with cameras so we can all thru-hike from our living rooms! sheesh!!
    I don't think the camera is ON the AT.... is it?
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

Crap!!!...looks like ole man winter stole the moutain today.
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"] [I]"Mama always said there's an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going, where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes."
    (Forrest Gump; Greenbow, Alabama)[/I] [/COLOR]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Wookie
    I don't think the camera is ON the AT.... is it?
    nope
    [quote=streamweaver]

huh????

Images

Just guessing but it's probably not legal to place directly on the AT. It's probably at someone's house or business. I think that would be OK.

Panzer

The cam is well to the east of Katahdin, probably about 20 miles away in Stacyville. The Appalachian Trail climbs up from the west, so the only part of the AT that could be seen from this cam is just Baxter Peak.
    FWIW, there's a wicked nice webcam on Mt Washington that shows the AT headed away over the mountains to the north, and has a deck view cam that many ATers have mugged in front of. http://www.mountwashington.org/cam/index.php

There's a cam in Hanover that shows the AT as it crosses the campus I think, and a there's a few cams down in the Smokys too.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

I dont think all those towers and windmills etc that folks have been protesting, were to be put directly on the AT either so I guess its ok to put them up too,as long as it aint on the trail huh?!
    "Theres is no real hope of traveling perfectly light in the mountains.It is good to try,as long as you realize that,like proving a unified field theory,mastering Kanji,or routinely brewing the perfect cup of coffee,the game can never be won." Smoke Blanchard

Images

Thumbs up

I dont think all those towers and windmills etc that folks have been protesting, were to be put directly on the AT either so I guess its ok to put them up too,as long as it aint on the trail huh?!
    you feelin' alright???

That's not a serious question, is it? Comparing dozens of gigantic 300' tall lighted towers with spinning blades in view of the trail for two days of hiking to something probably the size of a pepsi can stove some twenty miles away?
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

MAN!!! Pretty day on Katahdin today!

The cam is well to the east of Katahdin, probably about 20 miles away in Stacyville.
    Jeff Clark of crownofmaine.net writes that the cam is on a radio tower in Patten, over on route 11. That puts it about 8 miles north of Stacyville.
    Teej

++ New Posts ++