WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ripstop by the Roll
    DutchWare Gear
    DIY Gear Supply
    MakeYourGear

Not to mention EBay and Amazon. Hope this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Maui Rhino View Post
    I can't see the smaller buckle well enough to be sure who made it, but the larger buckles are made by Duroflex. It's reasonable to assume the small ones are as well. Duroflex makes nice hardware, but personally, I prefer ITW Nexus. You can't go wrong with either..... Unless you try mixing parts from both manufacturers. They're not interchangeable, so if you're trying to replace a broken female Duroflex buckle, and still use the original male part, you need to find another Duroflex buckle, or just replace both parts of the buckle.
    Look on the back of your buckle(s) and see who makes it. My Mystery Ranch hipbelt buckles are made by National Molding i.e. Duroflex. I remember the old North Face packs used Fastex???

Everything can be found and replaced, with some effort. Old buckles and webbing have to be replaced periodically as they wear and won't hold as tight. Put a new hipbelt buckle on your old belt webbing and you'll notice it right off. Replace both and you'll get a much better grip. Problem is, replacing webbing is a pain in the butt. Buckles not so much.

Hello Allegheny!! Your link shows the actual buckle I use on my big Mystery Ranch pack---I should know since I broke it on my last trip---

OOPS

Oh and btw, ALWAYS carry a spare hipbelt buckle, boys!! (Had one with me thank you Odin).

Www.SupplyCaptain.com is also a good place for various hardware.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

Ummm.....our local fabric store stocks about 10 different sizes of plastic buckles, keepers etc. Have you one nearby?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++