WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Big Agnes Sale

Default Big Agnes Sale

Steepandcheap.com has some great discounts 25 to 55% on some of BA's higher end air pads, sleeping bags, and tents

The tents look like last year's models, some of them have changed considerably. That said I like our previous-year Scout UL2, and the new 2016 model doesn't look as nice, so it's a great deal if that's what you're looking for.

Images

Sa-weet deals, like C&G just said, that Scout+ is half off. I almost just bought one... really don't need a ninth tent. Eight is enough.

Hmmmm. So right now I use an Original ThermaRest on top of a foam Ridgecrest foam pad when it is cold (and mostly I do cold weather trips). What BA pad could I use by itself that would equal this set up in warmth and comfort? I suppose I'll save some significant weight by going with one pad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFishNut View Post
    Hmmmm. So right now I use an Original ThermaRest on top of a foam Ridgecrest foam pad when it is cold (and mostly I do cold weather trips). What BA pad could I use by itself that would equal this set up in warmth and comfort? I suppose I'll save some significant weight by going with one pad as well.
    I really like my Q-core Sl 25" width. Outdoor Gear Lab testers complained about the quilted surface, but I like it and the thicker outer edges. I toss and turn and the edge design keeps you in the center. This is a pretty good discount at 46%.

Eight is enough for tents and children. Exceptions should be made for backpacking stoves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosh View Post
    Eight is enough for tents and children. Exceptions should be made for backpacking stoves.
    Oh thats good. I have a Solo lite arriving tomorrow. Which would be my 7th? Stove, I think.

If I counted my alcohol stoves, I would end up in re-hab

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFishNut View Post
    Insulated Q-Core. Make sure you save proof of purchase though - I got two and they had defects. I agree with Hosh that the quilted design is actually very comfortable.

SteepandCheap is the internet outlet for Backcountry.com. Once you sign up, there's a complete order history from your first purchase forward. They used to only do the "current steal" a single item with a high discount, limited quantity for a short duration, minutes. They recently added the Gear Cache that has more variety, longer duration, days and less aggressive discounts.

They ship from SLC, so I can get 2-3 day service for $6-7 in freight cost. It's a pretty good source, patagucci, marmot, mh, icebreaker, smartwool etc. I purchased both a Copper Spur UL3 & 4, our summer family vacations are backpacking trips, at 50% off during the model year transition.

++ New Posts ++