WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The first alien abduction case happened not far from Franconia Notch

Thanks for all the leads/stories. I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlaze View Post
    That's excellent. As a Dad who enjoys spooking the little ones with campfire stories, I'll keep this one in mind. Bonus points for involving Cherokee Indians.
    I plan on telling it to my cub scouts this weekend on our camping trip. The Native American tribes that lived in the area along the AT have some very creepy/odd stories and legends

I'll add that the creepiest feelings I've ever had on/near the AT were staying in some of the older PACT cabins that are available for rent. Many of these cabins were built and lived in by early 20th Century residents, mountain people who lived tough lives. In the 1930's the land was taken over to make Shenandoah Nat Park.
    The Corbin Cabin is a classic mountaineer's cabin which is about a mile off the AT, in Corbin Gulch. According to written materials placed in the cabin by the PATC, Mr Corbin's wife died in the upstairs room and is buried in the small overgrown plot up the hill from the cabin. I just get the feeling that this cabin had a great deal of sadness, sickness, and death within it's walls...

I just realized the other day there's a separate forum specifically for this type of stuff.

The most recent story I read. I'd like to visit this when I reach Punchbowl Shelter. The Lonesome Death of Ottie Cline Powell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++