WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default best way to amicola state park

I was planning on flying into Atlanta in late June to do a long section hike. What is the best way to get from there to the approach trail? will there be shuttles available still since its not peak season? I don't want to take a cab or uber there cause it will be too expensive.

Most shuttle drivers operate year round. Take Marta to the North Springs Station and have a shuttle guy take you from there to AFSP, or Springer parking lot, whichever you prefer.

Enjoy your hike!

I'll be flying into Atlanta in mid April and was wondering if anyone can advise what is the best way to get me gear/pack there. I was considering boxing up my pack/trekking poles and shipping them. Can anyone advise? Thanks a million

One thing I will recommend you do is make reservations with a shuttle or a hostel ahead of time. I made the mistake of trying to do it the day before I left and everything was booked, full, no room anywhere. This left me in a bit of a pinch and I ended up taking the Amtrak from Atlanta to Gainesville where I had to staying the night in a hotel then catching a $65 cab to get to Amicalola Falls...not the best way to get to your starting point, let me tell you.

Images

Yes, shuttles will be running in June, just make your reservation as far in advance as possible, then follow up when you get closer.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

++ New Posts ++