WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Foothills Trail thru hike partner for April

Hi all,

Haven't posted here in a while but I used to be a regular. I'm looking at a thru of the Foothills Trail in SC in mid-late April. My dates are somewhat flexible. I'm from Colorado, and will most likely be driving out there with my dog. He's a lab/golden and loves people.

I'm an experienced backpacker but only with short trips. This will be my longest hike. I'm in great "gym" shape but plan to go by feel on the trail; I'm not a seasoned thru-hiker so most likely will not be banging out 20+ mile days. I was budgeting about 6 days to take my time, see the falls, etc.

If anyone is interested/available some company might be nice, for the trail or even a section. You can PM me on here for any specifics. I really love hiking in the east and this trail seems like a gem!

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

You won't have any issue doing it in five days. I did this in 2014 and wrote a blog about it. Enjoy.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Thanks! I read your trip report and enjoyed it.

Hello,
    My husband and I plan to do the foothills trail the first part of May and would love to hear how your experience is if you don't mind sharing. I just ordered the data book for the trail but have not gotten it yet. From the blog above it sounds like it is a really beautiful trail minus the spiders webs, but that id the joy of having a partner!

Sure thing. I'll post a trip report here in the "Other Trails" forum.

The data book is good, very detailed, but I much prefer a profile-style guide rather than just descriptions.

I planned to do it over Xmas but it didn't happen. Thinking I'll try for late April..shooting for 4 days with my jrt... From others reports don't think it should be too hard in 4-4.5 days. I'm a weekend warrior also but usually don't have trouble hitting 17+ mpd out of the gate. My longest hike so far was the jmt 13 days...maybe I'll see ya out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++