WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Flagg Mtn Pinhoti trailhead info.....

I plan to start at the Flagg Mtn trailhead and hike to Weogufka. I know it's only about 5 miles, but can you camp between there?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by daveo View Post
    I plan to start at the Flagg Mtn trailhead and hike to Weogufka. I know it's only about 5 miles, but can you camp between there?
    Thanks,
    Yes, there are several camping locations and a shelter in that area.

Small campsite about 0.5 miles in. Another at 1 mile. Several around the shelter at about 2 miles in. There was also a few possible places to set up a tent around 4.7 miles in near a creek, but it wasn't a designated campsite.

I do video virtual hikes of various trails and I have started the Pinhoti. It is a virtual hike and I am never in it, but I show the trail iteself, the campsites, the shelters, water sources, confusing intersections, views, etc. It has trail descriptions and mile markers. It is all about the trail. If you are interested, you can take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WnuBa_OqQ

Hope this helps!
    Foothills Trail - 14
    Bartram Trail - 15 - Video
    Benton MacKaye Trail - 15 - Video
    AT - 15% complete
    Pinhoti Trail - 16 - Video

Thanks AO2134,
    The videos are great!

Quote Originally Posted by AO2134 View Post
    Yes, there are several camping locations and a shelter in that area.

Small campsite about 0.5 miles in. Another at 1 mile. Several around the shelter at about 2 miles in. There was also a few possible places to set up a tent around 4.7 miles in near a creek, but it wasn't a designated campsite.

I do video virtual hikes of various trails and I have started the Pinhoti. It is a virtual hike and I am never in it, but I show the trail iteself, the campsites, the shelters, water sources, confusing intersections, views, etc. It has trail descriptions and mile markers. It is all about the trail. If you are interested, you can take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WnuBa_OqQ

Hope this helps!

++ New Posts ++