Hey folks, hoping someone out here has some experience with Mytopo custom maps.

I placed an order on February 15 and I'm still waiting on my map. On February 26, I received an email that the map was being held up by the GPX overlay. They asked me to send the GPX file. I have no idea what a GPX file is! That is why I am willing to pay 16 bucks for a map! I built the map on their software linked through Backpacker magazine's website. I sent him a link to the site. I did not here anything back again. On March 17 I once again inquired about the status of my map. They responded that they were manually creating the map. So on March 23, I once again emailed them about the status of my map I have not heard anything back.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I have been dealing with vendors in the outdoor industry for over 30 years. Most of these companies are very consumer oriented, so I have been spoiled. MyTopo has been completely horrible at communicating and getting me a map in a timely fashion Imagine if my trip was sooner? You would think a map company would want repeat business. Maybe they have just given up on my order???

Sorry to rant, but just curious if my experience was an isolated one. I have never felt the need to complain about a company in the forum.

MORE IMPORTANTLY... Looks like i need a company that can actually create a custom topo. Thankfully, my trip isn't until July.

Many Thanks...DHT