WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Article: Rock 'n Sole Hoste hostel

AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Cute! Best of luck to you!

Default Rock 'n Sole

Thank you! We want to send more pics to post but are a few days away from having all systems up and running...i.e. outside shower and it was 23 degrees this morning here...but we are looking forward helping others with their AT adventures! Safe journey!

Images

I'm glad to see a hostel with business-like suggested rates. More likely to stay in business. Too cheap rates don't do anyone much good and often as not attract the "party crowd."

But why drug and smoke free, but not alcohol free is beyond me. Alcohol is a drug and at least as bad as smoke. Alcohol is not family-friendly either.

Journal Entries
    Images

The party crowd will party whether or not you allow it.

But I know where you're coming from, Rain Man. I enjoy a beer or two on a regular basis, but always in moderation. If I stay at an establishment, hostel or church or motel or whatever, I'd abide by their rules and wishes. It's just the right thing to do.

Journal Entries
    Images

I stopped in to visit this hostel and the owners Craig and Jody Stine this past Sunday. They are a terrific couple. It's small but they are doing wonders with it. This is going to be a great place. I am looking forward to hearing the positive feedback from hikers after there visit here.
    I took a couple pictures while I was there and added them top the first post in this article.

Stayed there for a zero to get out of the rain a few days ago. Had a pleasant stay and had a very good dinner cooked by Jody and served in the bunk house. Note that Crag is retired State Police officer so he has law enforcement connections readily at hand. He however does not object to responsible drinking.

Im allways available to do volenteer work if you two want stuff fixed or painted. My name is not matthewski.
    Thats my trail name.
    Lol.

Good afternoon Craig and Jody.

I'm curious how you made out through your first bubble? I'm planning hikes with my daughter on various AT sections this fall and next spring as we prep for longer more challenging tours. Hope to make your acquaintance during one of them.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by eabyrd1506 View Post
    Good afternoon Craig and Jody.

I'm curious how you made out through your first bubble? I'm planning hikes with my daughter on various AT sections this fall and next spring as we prep for longer more challenging tours. Hope to make your acquaintance during one of them.

Ed
    We had a great group of hikers from end of March till early July, and now the through hiker rush is over, but plenty of section hikers have reserved space for the fall months. We now sleep 6 comfortably, have heat, a/c, and great guest wi-fi in the hostel. If you have Facebook feel free to check out our page Rock 'n Sole Hostel for photos, reviews, and contact information. Thank you for the inquiry! We do plan on increasing price slightly for next season, and we will also be in the printed version of the AT guide next year, so I anticipate it will be harder than this year to get a bunk with us during the through hiker season. Safe journey to you and your daughter and we hope we get the chance to assist you with your AT adventures in Central PA.

Did a section this week (4-7 Sep '16) to finish PA - f/ DWG (PA/NJ state line actually) down to Port Clinton at the soft ball fields.
    Stayed at Craig & Jody's Rock'n Sole Hostel, and was shuttled by Craig early in the morning.
    What a super nice, super clean, super comfortable, and super friendly place it is!
    Thank again for everything Craig, Jody, and Rock'n Sole Hostel!!

u.w.

++ New Posts ++