WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default photo frustrated

I've been trying to learn how to post photos. Do you have a good place to send me to learn. Is a search on you tube gonna get me anywhere? Any thing would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Where do you want to post photos? Inside a post like this:
    SANY0052.jpg
    On the tool bar click on "insert Image", select "from computer" or "from URL" then select files, then upload. If you select from computer, it makes a thumbnail, if you link from a URL, it will be shown full size. If you use From URL, you need to have a photo, files sharing site or web page to link to.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    On the tool bar click on "insert Image", select "from computer" or "from URL" then select files, then upload. If you select from computer, it makes a thumbnail, if you link from a URL, it will be shown full size. If you use From URL, you need to have a photo, files sharing site or web page to link to.
    If you click on a picture before you post (or edit afterwards) it brings up a screen to change the size. Full size is the best option.

I'm sorry that I still do not understand. I need a full tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox View Post
    I'm sorry that I still do not understand. I need a full tutorial.
    Your first lesson. When choosing a forum to post in, go to this page (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/forum.php) and choose the most appropriate forum.

In this case it's this forum http://whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdis...um-help-topics

When you reply to a post or start a new one, there is a tool bar above the text window where you type the message. One of the tools is an icon for inserting an image. It's the icon which looks like a picture. Hovering the mouse pointer over the icons will tell you what they are.

After you click on the "insert image" icon, a dialog box will open. Lets say the image you want to insert is on your computer, so you click on the "from computer" tab. Now you have to find where the image is on your computer, so you click on the "select file" button which will allow you to go to the specific location on your PC where the image is stored. (if your using Windows, it will go to the "My Photos" file folder first) Once you find the image, click on it, then "open" which will add the path to the dialog box. Once the file has been selected, click "up load files(s)" at the bottom of the dialog box.

bulk samsung 769.jpgOh, you got to double click on the image to get the resize dialog box, that's what I've been doing wrong! (sunset over Vermont from the Gray Knob trail, near "The Perch" between Mt Adams and Mt Jefferson)
    Last edited by Slo-go'en; 04-04-2016 at 16:29.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    34403[/ATTACH](sunset over Vermont from the Gray Knob trail, near "The Perch" between Mt Adams and Mt Jefferson)
    Gorgeous photo!

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

I have several reasons for not using the posting system here. Chief among them is that I have some thousands of photos on Flickr, and it's most convenient to keep them all in one place. Flickr (and, I gather, some other photo sites) have a 'Share as BBCode' function that can be used to copy and paste into a message here, like so:

Capra Lake, Kaaterskill High Peak, and Round Top
    by Kevin Kenny, on Flickr

Doing it that way, too, I can past the block of BBCode into the post, and then hit 'Go Advanced' and 'Preview Post' to make sure it looks right before posting.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Beautiful sunset photo, I want to be there right now.

Default photo frustrated

As a user of the WB app, I've noticed that I can follow the links to see photos posted that way but if a full size photo is embedded into the message I can't get it to fit a viewable screen size. Anyone know how to get around that?

++ New Posts ++