WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Images

Missus and I are going to complete the state of Connecticut...
    “If there’s one thing the AT teaches, it is low-level ecstasy—something we could all do with more of in our lives.”

In April my girlfriend and I hiked Maryland.

Memorial weekend: Allen gap to devil fork gap.

June 25th: starting at iron mountain gap to at least damascus, maybe grayson highlands.

Well my goals as well on the way this year.

Last year I section hiked the BMT and BT. I also hiked the smokies portion of the AT.

This year my goals are to finish the 335 mile Pinhoti trail, which I am about 45% done and try to reach Damascus VA. i just got back last week from a 5 1/2 day 93 mile section of the AT from Davenport Gap to Spivey Gap.

After that, I pretty much have reached all my hiking goals. I get to hike the portions of the various trails I really enjoyed again.
    Foothills Trail - 14
    Bartram Trail - 15 - Video
    Benton MacKaye Trail - 15 - Video
    AT - 15% complete
    Pinhoti Trail - 16 - Video

Love the idea of this thread. My wife and I hiked Davenport Gap to Hot Springs, NC. last month. Going to RMNP for a couple of weeks of day hiking at the end of June. Planning to do some of the Smokies and/or the Roan Highlands area this fall.

Just finished Watauga dam to Damascus a few days ago. It was awesome.

In a couple weeks I will be doing a section in SNP from Compton Gap to Big Meadows. My wife and her sister will drop me off (they are not backpackers) and drive to the lodge to hang out until I show up three days later.

Then in August I will be doing the shortest section hike. We're visiting a friend at Dartmouth and will walk down main street.

This Weds thru Fri my daughter and I are going to hike from the Mohican Center to Culver's Gap. That will complete NJ for us. That will make one state done. Then the following Sat (6/!8) we will be doing 6 days in NY.

Images

Did Kent, CT to Mt. Greylock, MA the last two weeks of May. Will do Rangeley to Caratunk, ME in August.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Looking forward to doing my first section hike from Springer -Neel's Gap this July.

Three days in MD last Thursday through Saturday, Pen Mar to Harpers Ferry. Stayed at Ensign Cowell tenting area and Dahlgren, and combined the last two planned days into one to avoid Sunday rain. 18 pretty easy miles into Harpers Ferry but man, the roughly 8,000 steps between the HF bridge and the side trail to the ATC was a bit much.

The trail was crowded with thru hikers, many of whom were great but most of whom just looked stressed and unhappy. Mid-trail doldrums I guess. A good short trip for us.

Journal Entries
    Images

This weekend did MD Pen Mar Park to Raven Rock Shelter, Devil's Racecourse and back the next day. Great little section with a little of everything.
    Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... It’s ok, bologna hoses off…
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

did amicalola falls to Unicoi gap back in May. starting to look into what Ill do for my next trip already.

Registered User displacedbeatnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Did Kent, CT to Mt. Greylock, MA the last two weeks of May.
    I have a friend getting married in New York in September and I am looking forward to that very hike afterward! I can't wait to experience the Berkshires by foot.
    AT Leapfrogging in 2016i (Central Virginia next) http://walkinghometodc.wordpress.com

13-45 Section Hiker Trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Here's what I have planned thus far:
    • This weekend - Rockfish Gap to ???...gonna slack this one (day hike and stay in Waynesboro) because I've turned into a big girly man and don't like sleeping in the cold ...hoping to do 30+ miles
    • July - Kinsman Notch to Grafton Notch
    • Fall - maybe GSMNP...finally gonna try to get this over with...don't like staying in shelters
    Added a section on to my original list. I did VA 725 (Tucker's Lane near Linden VA) to Harpers Ferry this past weekend. Had a great hike. Saw lots of thrus and others out there, it was pretty dang crowded. It was a hot humid weekend, but really didn't rain all that much. I only got dumped on while walking on Sunday during the last hour of the day, and it stopped right when I pulled into David Lesser shelter. Turned out to be a good thing because there were a ton of people there, and they all stayed in the shelter while my buddy and I set up on the tent pads. Rolled into Harpers Ferry yesterday, and got put in the book at the ATC headquarters. Well, that makes it just under 1,550 miles so far.
    AT: 2007-2019 (45 sections)
    JMT: 2013

I hiked the Conn. Section from Hoyt Road to Sages Ravine Campsite and back down to the Undermountain Trailhead from 5/21 to 5/28. My first solo backpacking trip

13-45 Section Hiker Trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Added a section on to my original list. I did VA 725 (Tucker's Lane near Linden VA) to Harpers Ferry this past weekend. Had a great hike. Saw lots of thrus and others out there, it was pretty dang crowded. It was a hot humid weekend, but really didn't rain all that much. I only got dumped on while walking on Sunday during the last hour of the day, and it stopped right when I pulled into David Lesser shelter. Turned out to be a good thing because there were a ton of people there, and they all stayed in the shelter while my buddy and I set up on the tent pads. Rolled into Harpers Ferry yesterday, and got put in the book at the ATC headquarters. Well, that makes it just under 1,550 miles so far.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the Roller Coaster sucks! Doesn't look like much on the maps, but the constant up and down with no break in between cumulatively beats you up.
    AT: 2007-2019 (45 sections)
    JMT: 2013

I really need to knock out Dicks Creek to Fontana before August. It may take a few trips. Anyone know what it will cost a shuttle from NOC back to Franklin or Fontana back to Franklin? Completed Amicalola to Dicks Creek last summer.

I just rehiked GA last month. It was different going SOBO this time.

Maybe Crazy Cook Monument to Lordsburg, NM, but will probably wait until next year. Moving to a location 1000 miles from the AT, so I'll need to find new places to hike.
    AT 2000 miler: 2011-2014 (via section hikes)
    Camino de Santiago -- April/May 2016 (Camino Frances from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela)
    CDT New Mexico sections next???

I did Mason Dixon to Harper's Ferry in 2014 and I'm going Harper's Ferry to Linden, VA this year in September -- just north of your '67 Front Royal gig. So stoked for you to be back at it again after a "short" break. TAKE IT EASY....... (actually those lyrics are also pretty good trail advice don't you think?)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++