WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Thoughts reviews opinions on sterns packable...

Ok so I picked up A sterns packable rain jacket seems to be pretty good quality from the thrift store for a couple of bucks.
    It weighs in at 7 ounces and seems to be ok.
    I am curious if anyone has used this sterns type jacket or if anyone has any experience with them.
    I am sure it is not very breathable but from what I have heard there isnt many out there that is breathable,
    I am just trying to justify not spending 200.00 on a raincoat that this one will do.
    Thanks for the information everyone.

Sweatfest? I bought one at Wally World. Returned it. Felt like I was wearing a Glad bag sweat suit in all but the coolest of conditions and at a very reduced pace. Better with a Frogg Toggs jacket as a cheapie jacket IMO. Same price. BTW, I haven't forgotten about you. I'll be home on Mon. Get that out to ya then.

It's certainly not high end gear, but different people have different reactions to different gear. Some sweat a lot more than others. Give it a try. If it works for you, great. If not, put it in the trunk of the car for emergencies.

Journal Entries
    Images

Sweatfest? I bought one at Wally World. Returned it. Felt like I was wearing a Glad bag sweat suit in all but the coolest of conditions and at a very reduced pace. Better with a Frogg Toggs jacket as a cheapie jacket IMO. Same price. BTW, I haven't forgotten about you. I'll be home on Mon. Get that out to ya then.
    Thanks Dogwood this is one thing I was worried about.
    I am leaning towards the frogg toggs poncho or something else undecided as of yet.
    maybe a packa. maybe just break down and buy A high end rain jacket,seen a seirra designs that I liked A bit.

LOVE my Packa. Got it last year. Great product and does what it's advertised to do.

++ New Posts ++