I'm skeptical of reaching absolute conclusions comparing total elevation change of all the three TC trails. I'd particularly take with a grain of salt total elevation gains and losses of the CDT as there are so many acceptable alternates(thank God!, sincerely hope that never changes and future generation CDTers don't increasingly succumb to cookie cutter let's hike someone else's CDT hike approaches, I have my doubts though). The exact CDT route thru-hikers take vary widely potentially having pronounced effects on total elevation gain and loss. There are basically an infinite number of CDT routes with new routes being devised by the creative annually. Even the PCT has some aceptable quite worthy alternates. IMHO, this comparing and contrasting trails ad nauseaum especially in regards to micro analyzing elevation change and setting the AT atop the pedestal as the standard by which other trails should be judged often leads to narrow minded pissing contests, um rating systems, that can be problematic and limiting. It's happening here.Don't box me in.