WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by slims View Post
    The Slickrock change is on SGT Rocks errata page. It is considered the "new" BMT and is signed as such at the trail intersections in the area except for right at the beginning of the old and new trailheads. The old way is still signed as the BMT which I found a little odd.
    The trail boys tell me they're gonna put up BMT reroute signs in Cold Spring Gap (where Rock's new reroute begins) but it never seems to get done, although I haven't been in Cold Gap for a couple months.

The boys did put up beautiful trail signs at the Bob Tee (where 54A south junctions 54A north back down to Cherry Log Gap) and even placed a fantastic sign pole atop Bobs Bald but some idiot detards stole both signs, as pictured below---

This sign used to be below the Bob where 54A junctions 54A north. Ripped off by inbred idiots.

I was on the Bob when this was installed by the Crosscut Mt Boys but it only lasted a couple weeks before rednecks ripped it out of the ground and carted it off. Had my cellphone and notified Rick Harris of the theft.

Images

wait?

so someone has already ripped down the new signs?

damn, that didnt take long.....

Two quotes from "The Brothers Karamazov" come to mind when I read about the signs. I just don't seem to understand some people.

“I think the devil doesn't exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness.”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

“I love mankind, he said, "but I find to my amazement that the more I love mankind as a whole, the less I love man in particular.”
    Foothills Trail - 14
    Bartram Trail - 15 - Video
    Benton MacKaye Trail - 15 - Video
    AT - 15% complete
    Pinhoti Trail - 16 - Video

Quote Originally Posted by AO2134 View Post
    Two quotes from "The Brothers Karamazov" come to mind when I read about the signs. I just don't seem to understand some people.

“I think the devil doesn't exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness.”

“I love mankind, he said, "but I find to my amazement that the more I love mankind as a whole, the less I love man in particular.”
    Wow. I've never once seen anything other than the Bible, Hustler, or Field and Stream quoted on this site. This has to be a first.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Wow. I've never once seen anything other than the Bible, Hustler, or Field and Stream quoted on this site. This has to be a first.
    Trend setter. I am before my time.

I am just kidding. I just recently got into the book and I really, really like the book. I become a little OCD when I find something new I like.
    Foothills Trail - 14
    Bartram Trail - 15 - Video
    Benton MacKaye Trail - 15 - Video
    AT - 15% complete
    Pinhoti Trail - 16 - Video

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    The trail boys tell me they're gonna put up BMT reroute signs in Cold Spring Gap (where Rock's new reroute begins) but it never seems to get done, although I haven't been in Cold Gap for a couple months.

The boys did put up beautiful trail signs at the Bob Tee (where 54A south junctions 54A north back down to Cherry Log Gap) and even placed a fantastic sign pole atop Bobs Bald but some idiot detards stole both signs, as pictured below---

I was on the Bob when this was installed by the Crosscut Mt Boys but it only lasted a couple weeks before rednecks ripped it out of the ground and carted it off. Had my cellphone and notified Rick Harris of the theft.
    Based on our convos, this sign was taken pretty quick. Shame. The Bald can be confusing for those not familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by martinb View Post
    Based on our convos, this sign was taken pretty quick. Shame. The Bald can be confusing for those not familiar.
    Taken within a month of putting up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++