WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Jack was one of the more interesting hikers out there, I got to drink with him for 2 hours in Damascus in 2008, it was nice to meet the man behind the legend. We're all mortal, it sucks.

Images

thanks very much rickb, I'm glad you liked it. More to come in the next few weeks as the book develops.

cheers!

He was a good dude, I met him a few times in the years after my thru, saw him in Franklin 6 days before he died, we were talking about medical stuff, and I urged him to go to the hospital. But, he didn't. I was doing a section hike, springer to fontana, that year, and found out after I got back.

He was one of the few people who actually managed to break the chains of society and materialism. He wasn't perfect, was pretty obvious he had alcohol problems, but to do what he did was a lot of people's dreams. I'll be doing it myself in a couple years, though I am financially secure.

Images

I'll be doing it myself in a couple years, though I am financially secure.

hope you dont have the alcohol problems.....

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    hope you dont have the alcohol problems.....
    I'm a combat vet, so it comes with the territory, been struggling with it for years, down to a 12 pack a week, once a week, so not that bad. Not an alcoholic, but it can be a problem from time to time.

Default Baltimore Jack, the years go by but we still remember him

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    I came here to see if anyone had posted this song about Baltimore Jack. Well worth a listen. A beautiful tune and wonderful storytelling, from the heart. Says a lot about Jack, and thru-hiking.

I meet him and Earl many times. I know they're all up in Heaven waiting for all of us. (RIP Jack!)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
++ New Posts ++