Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site, and this is my first post. I am planning on hiking the Appalachian Trail in the fall of 2017. I'm taking a gap year before I go to college. I will be 19 at the time of the hike; I am 17 (almost 18) now. I want to hike the AT to raise money for people with eating disorders who can't afford treatment. I have struggled with an eating disorder since I was twelve. I plan to work really hard at recovery so I will be strong enough to hike the AT! I realize that this is a huge undertaking, and I know I can do it! But I can't do it alone. I'm looking for a hiking partner (or hiking partners!) to hike the all of or part of the AT with me. I'm looking for female hiking friends who are at least 20 years old. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. We would be starting the hike in about September of 2017 and going from Maine to Georgia (I realize that's not the way most people typically do it, which is why we would start in September, not the spring). This is a tentative plan, so please realize that the details are yet to be worked out. Thank you everyone, and please let me know some stuff about you if you're interested!!!