WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Passed three guys at Elbert last year carrying their bikes up to the summit. Took them a really long time to get up there but they flew down.

Journal Entries
    Images

Wow! I can't imagine struggling up the trail with a bike .... and although coming down would be easier ... there would be lots of rocks and hikers to navigate around ...

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

how to hike

I ran out of time due to a weather day....didn't get to do Elbert...I'll do it in a few years when I do the entire CT....the collegiate loop was a great trip but a push in under 9 days but I completed it.....the altitude kicked my sea level arse....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got lucky and had great weather on my three attempts at 14ers. I made it up Elbert, Huron and San Luis. Awesome to make it to those. I wanted to go up Hope as well but the weather made me skip that 13er.

I am going back to the CT again as I feel I need to do it once more. I have never repeated a longer hike and I don't know why I feel the need to redo this one, but I do. 2018 will be the year most likely. Too much already planned for next year!

Thanks for all the advice on the peaks to attempt. I would have never done Huron if not for this thread and it was a highlight (one of many) of the hike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++