WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Guidebook Help Needed

I used this great state-by-state guide on my first section hike a few years ago (sample page attached). I printed it from the web, but haven't been able to find it anywhere since. I own David Miller's AT Guide, which is good, but I really like this one because it's very detailed and has entire paragraphs of historical and descriptive info. It has a green and grey columnar format. Maybe it's so obvious that I'm overlooking it, but any help in identifying it (and securing another copy) is appreciated!
    img070.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by greenpete View Post
    I used this great state-by-state guide on my first section hike a few years ago (sample page attached). I printed it from the web, but haven't been able to find it anywhere since. I own David Miller's AT Guide, which is good, but I really like this one because it's very detailed and has entire paragraphs of historical and descriptive info. It has a green and grey columnar format. Maybe it's so obvious that I'm overlooking it, but any help in identifying it (and securing another copy) is appreciated!
    img070.jpg

I have the full version has a Word file, but it is from a 2007 database and it has no reference as to from it came from. I'd recommend something more up to date like AWOL's excellent guide or Guthook. The Guthook guide also give photo references.

Apparently it was from WB, but now defunct?
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...light=database

You DEFINITELY want the AWOL guide: http://www.shop.theatguide.com/

If you section hike, you might just get the online pdf version for $8.95 and print the pages for your section hike. Me? I want it all! I love to look through the guide at other areas during the year!

Thanks for the help, Shelb and SoFlo. Yeah, I remember I pulled the PDF off of whiteblaze.net, so it must be the one that "Veteran" put together years ago. I tried the link that ATTroll posted back in January, but it doesn't work for me. I realize it's out of date, but I used it in 2013 and it was real helpful. Was hoping I could use it in combination with the David Miller AT/Awol guide, which I already have. Oh well!

Hello my name is Larry, my trail name is weezer Bc Iweez all the time. But any who,I'm looking for some free material on the Appalachian trail. I was going to they hooked this year but alot of things prevented it from happening. Now I'm going to start either in Dec. 2016 or Feb. 2017.I'm trying to see if any they hikers would be willing to get rid of their books, maps, etc. Pertaining to the Appalachian trail. If you can please let me know or if you know where I can find stuff cheap. Thanks Weezer

++ New Posts ++