WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default fire retardants in tents.

https://gearjunkie.com/toxic-tents-d...posure-camping

Very interesting article about the FR coating and toxic chemical exposure in tents. LightHeart Gears Silnylon tents do not have FR coatings - So everyone should switch to LightHeart Gear tents

Journal Entries
    Images

Hmmm chemical retardant vs getting 3rd degree life time burns....Were the tent manufactures required by regulations to add safety to mattresses and sleep systems? Guess I need to do some reading.... while I am looking this up enjoy a video I found...

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

OK here is some of it NFPA.

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Back in the land before time, tents didn't have flame retardant. Then the Nanny Police decreed that Flame Retardant would make camping safe. Flame Retardant also made tents heavier.
    My own personal method of Flame Retardant is DON'T PUT FLAMES NEAR THE TENT. Or vice versa.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Journal Entries
    Images

Heartfire - great idea and I am thankful you found the article... I just spent an hour learning about how important these retardants are to keep kids safe in a tent as they will continue to do dumb things... so the chemicals to retard or prevent a quick burn...Here is the important information. When you are asleep your nose cannot send a signal to your brain to say "smoke" Its one of the few senses that switch off when asleep. The main reason why a smoke detector is so important. The other fact is when a tent burns and is raining hot plastic on you there isn't any "Snap Crackle Pop" because its not wood. SO its a silent fire... Tents that are close to a campfire have another issue.... the small vents can suck in the smoke overnight,....and that has happened to me on a scout trip. The headache was awesome and lasted all day.

I found the chemical report very interesting.

Thanks again - woo

Woo

++ New Posts ++