WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for pick up information at Grafton Notch State Park area

Hello I am trying to get some information about an easy pick up location around Grafton Notch State Park area. I am going to be the one driving to pick up the person they are starting at Abol bridge going south. I am looking for a location that will be easy for both of us so we can find each other. Also looking for approximately how long it will take, I know there can be lots of variables. Thanks

there's a big parking lot where the AT comes off the mtn.

How close to RT 26 do you live? Take a drive up. Its a beautiful area. Scope out the parking lot for yourself.

It's about 12 miles north on Rte. 26 from Rte. 2. Plenty of parking.

State Parks often have their own websites and brochures.

http://www.outdoors.org/pdf/upload/m...loop-trail.pdf

I added the GN SP Loop clockwise onto a NOBO AT thru-hike retracing the AT part of the Old Speck Tr alternating onto the Eyebrow and Table Mt, and West Baldpate. I was in complete thru-hiker mode.ie; fit, UL, fast and light, etc. If I'm recalling correctly it added only a few hrs adding on the GN Loop. I thought it more interesting in some ways than the AT route through the SP. Got both the AT official and GN SP Loop.

The Grafton Loop coincides with the AT at the north end of the loop, between Speck and Baldpate. The AT actually skirts the summit and fire tower on Speck by nearly a mile, but the Grafton Loop goes there. The rest of the Grafton Loop would take you well off the AT, it parallels Rte. 26 on either side of that valley and crosses 26 about eight or ten miles south of the big parking lot where the AT crosses. There's a small nondescript dirt parking lot where the eastern part of the loop meets Rte. 26.

The parking lot where the AT crosses is a cant miss. As for how long to get from Baxter to Grafton Notch it depends on the hiker. 3.5 to 5 weeks.

++ New Posts ++