Images

Default East coast to west coast rideshare?

Soooo.... it's mad early to post this, but I'm getting excited about next year. Just out of curiosity, is there anyone from the East Coast (preferably from NJ/NY/New England area) who'll be headed out to Southern California next spring? I'm heading out for my thru of the PCT and I'd rather rent and share a car or take a train out there. How are you any of you folks getting out to the West Coast?

(In february when I know my start date, I might actually post for a rideshare here... If we could get three people together it'd be so much easier and cheaper!!)

2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

I'll be headed west from Tennessee in April!

I'll be headed there from North Central PA.
    AT, Long Trail, Loyalsock Trail, Art Loeb Trail, Cranberry Lake 50, Foothills Trail, PCT, CDT, Uinta Highline Trail, Lone Star Trail, Oregon Coast Trail, Sheltowee Trace Trail, BMT, AZT

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

I just watched "Kalifornia" yesterday. Ya'll have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dudeijuststarted View Post
    I just watched "Kalifornia" yesterday. Ya'll have fun!
    One of the all time under appreciated movies. Add The Sure Thing for a great double feature.
    Wayne

Old. Slow. "Smarter than the average bear."
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post
    Soooo.... it's mad early to post this, but I'm getting excited about next year. Just out of curiosity, is there anyone from the East Coast (preferably from NJ/NY/New England area) who'll be headed out to Southern California next spring? I'm heading out for my thru of the PCT and I'd rather rent and share a car or take a train out there. How are you any of you folks getting out to the West Coast?

(In february when I know my start date, I might actually post for a rideshare here... If we could get three people together it'd be so much easier and cheaper!!)

Heading out in April, from Central MA. May be driving may be flying not sure I'd like to see where this leads might be in on it for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started looking online, and Southwest had some 1-way flights in the $200 range. You'll burn more than that it just gas.

I had the same plan as you going from NJ to San Diego by train or renting a car or ride sharing. I decided on a flight from Newark to SD for $129. Right now one way flight from the All the New York/Newark INT/Phil Int AP's are $137.

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#cale...esearch=JFKSAN

It's a LONG LONG drive SL from Milford to SD. I drove from Asheville NC to SD another PCT hike taking two days recovery time before hitting Campo.

My wife and I drove from Yosemite NP to Louisville Kentucky this summer, it took 3 long days. I am flying to San Diego $171

I live in Central Pa, and plan to start the PCT in early April. Just getting my gear back together again, and haven't decided how I'm gonna get out there. If any one is still interested in ride share please let me know. If not then I'm probably gonna fly out there.

++ New Posts ++