WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hello imscotty! Did you do the JMT last year? I was in Visalia and could practically see Whitney from the front yard (on the one day that the air was fit to breathe).

OMG, I never considered THAT market! They've been washed. Any potential buyers will be disappointed that they smell like clean laundry. Unless, they have a laundry fetish...

I have to say I'm surprised that you are getting rid of underwear in such fine barely used condition.
    Hiking underwear that I continue to use regularly is much holier than yours.
    But not for sale.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

For a bunch of dirty hikers, I'm surprised at the grade-school like response to this. They're washed, clean, not smelly. If he took them off after a 30 mile day and shipped them out, then yeah, gross.

A few bucks for a pair of wool undies? Yes please! Pm incoming, I'll take em.
    "eastern rain is made of skittles and one need only pack an appetite." - mweinstone

Images

Default o y o y!

Quote Originally Posted by DLP View Post
    Selling used boxers with wear and several small 1/8" to 1/4" holes in the seat and crotch for the ultimate in ventilation! Icebreaker wool also helps with stink. I can't bear to send them to Thrift Town and this is the only group that could possibly want to buy holey underpants for about $4 (cost of an envelope and USPS)... maybe.

Let me know if you want more info or photos.

Attachment 34933

Attachment 34934
    would you consider a lease instead of an outright purchase?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DLP View Post
    Hello imscotty! Did you do the JMT last year? I was in Visalia and could practically see Whitney from the front yard (on the one day that the air was fit to breathe).

OMG, I never considered THAT market! They've been washed. Any potential buyers will be disappointed that they smell like clean laundry. Unless, they have a laundry fetish...
    Hello DLP, yes, my JMT hike exceeded all expectations. I slept the last night on top of Whitney. The smoke did get a bit troublesome near the end, but all-in-all spectacular. I hope to make it out there later this summer to do a PCT section hike north out of Tuolumne Meadoows.

Thanks Poedog! Received your PM.

Scotty - It was terribly smokey in the valley last summer. Glad you had an awesome hike.

-

Quote Originally Posted by QiWiz View Post
    I have to say I'm surprised that you are getting rid of underwear in such fine barely used condition.
    Hiking underwear that I continue to use regularly is much holier than yours.
    But not for sale.
    that is a holier than thou attitude

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Has Shania Twain ever worn them?
    I can't believe this didn't get any comments.... It was my favorite response.

Could I pay you $2.75 to mail them to someone I don't like?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SWODaddy View Post
    Could I pay you $2.75 to mail them to someone I don't like?
    Now that there's got the evil rotten part of my mind just thinking about who I'd want to send those to.

Why does Lone Wolf even have an opinion here...he doesn't even wear underwear.

I cant believe i keep checking back and reading this thread!

Man o man, tough crowd. If you don't want 'em, don't buy 'em. Here's a guy with a piece of gear that checks a lot of boxes and he's basically offering it for free if you pay postage, I like that. Personally I wouldn't buy used underwear with holes in it, but I'm fine to let someone who would want these to strike a deal. Better than adding them to the garbage heap.

The challenges and retorts really weren't necessary. The funny comments...OK, they were funny, and the OP seemed to roll with the punches in good spirit. All in all a good thread and a nice gesture IMO.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JRinGeorgia View Post
    The challenges and retorts really weren't necessary. The funny comments...OK, they were funny, and the OP seemed to roll with the punches in good spirit. All in all a good thread and a nice gesture IMO.
    Hmm.. selling used hiker underwear with holes? Just use them as a salty balaclava.

Thanks for the wool DLP! It's not everyday a sweet lady mails me undies. Heck, she wouldn't even let me pay for shipping

And they're *gasp* clean!
    "eastern rain is made of skittles and one need only pack an appetite." - mweinstone

You took a nose burried big ol' whiff didn't cha, didn't you? Good deal.

You are welcome, PoeDog. Wear them in good health!... or put in the trash. Whatever works for you.

Ice breakers have great resale value, use em and pass em on.

By "holey", I assume you mean blessed by the pope? What was done in these uw to deserve such an accolade?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++