WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Water Supply in Mahoosucs?

Heading to the Mahoosucs next week. Any reports on water availability. I know there hasn't been much rain. Specifically curious about stream near mile 1932.2 at the East B Hill Rd junction.

Quote Originally Posted by elynsteele View Post
    Heading to the Mahoosucs next week. Any reports on water availability. I know there hasn't been much rain. Specifically curious about stream near mile 1932.2 at the East B Hill Rd junction.
    Plenty of water in that section and its rained some since I hiked it a month ago.

There a nice set of waterfalls at Dunns Falls they are about 2/3rd of mile west of East B Hill Road. I don't remember any water at the East B Hill road junction, although of the local hostel owners frequently leaves a container at the road. The issue later in the season with this area is that the shelters are located up on the ridgeline away from the roads that inevitably are in the valleys. Water can be problem later in the summer at the shelters. I expect some folks shift over to staying in the valleys to take advantage of the streams

There is a stream right next to East B Hill rd at the trail head, as well as Dunns Falls and there is a stream at Frye Notch shelter. Water is not a problem in that area.

++ New Posts ++