WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default shaws for sale???

i just visited shaws webpage and saw it was just updated today and that it is now for-sale?

http://www.shawslodging.com/

anyone heard anything?

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

i went to the real estate website, but couldnt find it on there.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

It's the end of an era. I'm happy to have known the Shaws and hope Pat enjoys her well earned retirement. I wonder if they will be open untill they sell?

Pat needs a big break. She was/is the backbone of that place. God bless the Shaws.

In the Southbounder movie, lots of footage was shot at Shaws. The actor playing Keith did an OK job, and although it had some good scenes it never captured the true spirit of Keith and the hostel, which is unfortunate.

There was one shot, which could have been a still, of the real Keith sitting on the concrete steps out front that was eerie and made Keith look almost ghostlike.

To the filmmaker's credit, Shaw's is mentioned predominately in the credits at the end of the film.

My brief time at Shaw's is something I'll never forget. So much so, I made a donation to Weary's Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust in his memory.

Pat needs a rest, she is a wonderful person as was Keith. I hoped "Little Keith" wiuld be able to keep it up but Keith and Pat left a HUGE pair of shoes to fill. Shaw's is an instutition and the trail will never be the same without it. Alot of people in Monson saw Keith and Pat's success and other places for hikers to stay have been opening there but Shaws will never be duplicated. Life goes on but without Keith and Pat, Shaws will never be the same. I hope for new owners but they will never replace what we all knew and loved.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]Don't fret the petty things, &
    Don't pet the sweaty things[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT][I][/I]
    (I'm moxie00 on my apple-moxie on my PC)

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    In the Southbounder movie, lots of footage was shot at Shaws. The actor playing Keith did an OK job, and although it had some good scenes it never captured the true spirit of Keith and the hostel, which is unfortunate.

There was one shot, which could have been a still, of the real Keith sitting on the concrete steps out front that was eerie and made Keith look almost ghostlike.

To the filmmaker's credit, Shaw's is mentioned predominately in the credits at the end of the film.

My brief time at Shaw's is something I'll never forget. So much so, I made a donation to Weary's Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust in his memory.
    The link for others who want to help is:

www.matlt.org

++ New Posts ++