Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shipping an Ice Axe

I'm contemplating hiking the PCT next year. The one item I'm not sure how to deal with is shipping an Ice Axe (which I'd have to buy) to Kennedy Meadows. How do people do that? Inquiring minds would like to know.
    2013 AT Thru-hike: 3/21 to 8/19
    Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t1M/edit#gid=0

Since you have to buy it, why not talk to the folks at Kennedy Meadows about having the axe shipped directly to them?
    Wayne

Old. Slow. "Smarter than the average bear."
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Journal Entries

in a box? They dont weigh much. You can get the Suluk46 tool that weighs 5 oz.

Images

The one time I used mine to self arrest was on San Jacinto ridge just afer Idyllywild. It was a heavy snow year & a late storm had dropped a foot of fresh snow the night before on top of snow pack.why not just order one & have it shipped to KM as stated above or have it shipped to you, check it out & use same box for shipping.

If it's a normal year, why not just order one & have it shipped to KM as stated above or have it shipped to you, check it out & use same box for shipping. A group I was hiking with did make their own boxes in Agua Dulce & mail theirs to KM. Just had to be a bit creative with a box,knife & some tape.

++ New Posts ++