WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Smile GA Section of the AT in September or October

I am looking for a partner to hike the GA section of the AT in either September or early October. I am planning a week or more, so speed freaks (intended in the nicest way) need not apply. I am thinking of doing from the approach trail to Standing Indian with a pickup at either Deep Gap or just north of Tate City GA in NC.

I am planning a 4-5 week hike and will be starting from Amicalola falls state park in the last week of September. Until the Smokies I plan to average around 10 miles per day. If you want to try to meet up send me a PM.

I'm planning a 500 mile hike going south bound from Katahdin and hopefully starting early September. I'm not super fast, and would love a hiking partner. However, I do want to try my best to push 12-14 miles/day as I'm getting in shape with my backpack right now. I'm excited about the 100 mile wilderness, but want to do more miles so it's not a 10 day trip carrying 10 days of food. If you're interested in doing a shorter part of the trip and want to join me for the beginning, lets talk~

If you're willing to swap to Maine, see my post below.

I could do the very end of September or the first of October. Have a grand baby due mid September. I live in NC and have done most of Southern Va. pace is not a problem. If interested let me have contact number and we could arrange transportation at each end.

Looking for section hiking partner. Ga/TN/NC/VA. Miles per day 14-20 depending on sites and terrain. I'm very flexible time wise anything from day to a week.

I'm looking for GA/NC/TN until 9/1, most likely 10-12 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteBear View Post
    I could do the very end of September or the first of October. Have a grand baby due mid September. I live in NC and have done most of Southern Va. pace is not a problem. If interested let me have contact number and we could arrange transportation at each end.
    Hey there! my departure time is up in the air but I am hoping to be ready by mid September. I'm already packing care packages because I want to go for 1.5-2 months. Are you interested in New England? I'm thinking I may have to do the parts south of the Whites and Maine - though it would be fun to do Maine. I think New England will be so beautiful in Sept/Oct. I can start around 10 miles a day and in the past have done as much as 20 (when it was downhill and we had Damascus, VA in sight!)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1021 View Post
    Looking for section hiking partner. Ga/TN/NC/VA. Miles per day 14-20 depending on sites and terrain. I'm very flexible time wise anything from day to a week.
    If you change your mind and want to do part of New England, let me know! I'm hoping to start in mid September. I can do 10/day right now, but can quickly jump to 14-17/day. If I change my mind and want to go south, I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckup View Post
    I am looking for a partner to hike the GA section of the AT in either September or early October. I am planning a week or more, so speed freaks (intended in the nicest way) need not apply. I am thinking of doing from the approach trail to Standing Indian with a pickup at either Deep Gap or just north of Tate City GA in NC.
    I recently received unexpected time off from work. I was considering starting the GA section of the AT as early as this week on a wilm. My research tells me that a fit person averages seven days on this hike so I packed for ten days. Currently working on logistics. Are you still looking? Have a start date? Thanks!

++ New Posts ++