Journal Entries
    Images

Default Heads up for citrus tract !!!

If anyone is planning on doing the citrus tract coming up,I was out there last week on the D and C loop and it is very overgrown and not marked well due to what looks like A recent controlled burn(still very overgrown).
    I have hiked that trail many times and got turned around this time at a few spots on the way to jackson campground.
    Will be going out this Wednesday for A possible overnight and will update conditions then,
    If I die trying now I wont die wondering how life could have turned out.....

They sure do a lot of burns out there.

Images

Both Citrus and Croom get burned excessively IMHO. Several years ago it was once every 4-5 years in certain sections, but now, the Forestry has funds that need to be spent, and they burn every few months year after year. I think it is ridiculous. The district ranger is a big fan of burning and will talk your ear off about the benefits of burning, especially if you express your displeasure about the program.

The trail maintenance program, which consists of mainly mowing the brush and clearing a few logs will begin in a few weeks. Last year I was asked to volunteer up there and we worked for a few days. It doesn't take long for the weeds and brush to fill back in with all the clear burning being done.

Journal Entries
    Images

The trail maintenance program, which consists of mainly mowing the brush and clearing a few logs will begin in a few weeks. Last year I was asked to volunteer up there and we worked for a few days. It doesn't take long for the weeds and brush to fill back in with all the clear burning being done.
    Hi there I do A little off record cleaning and maintaining when im out there daily just about whether running or hiking.
    My big concern was with the blazes being burnt over and the over growth made it difficult even for someone who hikes it daily to stay on track without getting turned around and off track.
    Also on the D section the poison ivey was pretty bad,and almost unavoidable on certain sections of the D loop.

They just burned part of d loop a year ago

Journal Entries
    Images

They just burned part of d loop a year ago
    Seems like they burn it every couple of weeks lol

++ New Posts ++