WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Rab xenon x

Images

Default Rab xenon x

Anybody have experience with this puff? I have been eyeing it and they are on sale (around 80$ off retail)... I have read mostly good reviews but have yet to talk to someone who owns one. I am looking to upgrade from my north face thermoball. I am especially curious about the sizing and how they perform in the field.

I have the Rab Microlight Down Jacket. Obviously a different puff than you're looking at, but I love mine. It's about 3 years old now, still holds its loft and has been packed down many-a-time. Fabric is tough enough that it's held up after scraping against some brush, recovered well and relatively quickly after getting wet. Love that it packs down into it's own pocket, that was particularly helpful when I had a large load and even stuffing it into one of my pack's pockets was a challenge. Like I said, know it's a different jacket than you're looking at, but from a "brand only" perspective, I'm thinking it's a solid bet.

Very interesting.
    The Xenon X is insulated with PrimaLoft Gold.
    Wayne

Old. Slow. "Smarter than the average bear."
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Default Rab xenon x

Quote Originally Posted by frontovik193 View Post
    Anybody have experience with this puff? I have been eyeing it and they are on sale (around 80$ off retail)... I have read mostly good reviews but have yet to talk to someone who owns one. I am looking to upgrade from my north face thermoball. I am especially curious about the sizing and how they perform in the field.
    If you go to YouTube, search for "The Appalachian Trail - Maine". Will Wood, aka Red Beard has a video and talks about his Rab Xenon. Can't remember exactly where though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deacon; 08-19-2016 at 07:51.

++ New Posts ++