WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Met Scott in 2014 while sitting out a Hurricane at the Cabbin. Outstanding people here. Hope you are well Scott!

IMG_3163.JPG
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by gbolt View Post
    Scott also provides a Breakfast to maintain this location as a B&B and not a Hostel. It is easy to get any and all a Hikers needs are met. Best option in Fromt Royal IMHO.
    Lets be honest. Nothing on the trail compares. The laundry with folding, the custom meals, the historic site, it was just an incredible stay.

Images

Mtn Home is THE place to stay if you plan to stop in Front Royal. Stayed there twice, ending one section hike and beginning another. Scott and Lisa are great hosts and really down to earth good folks.

It's definitely in my top 3 favorite hostels in VA, the other 2 being Woods Hole near Pearisburg and Woodchuck's in Damascus. Funny thing - those were the 3 places that served home cooked breakfast.
    It's all good in the woods.

Do they offer parking (paid of course) and shuttles? I'd like to section the northern half of Shenandoah and they seem perfectly situated.

It looks like their primary web presence is Facebook... unfortunately I don't do Facebook.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes, they offer parking and shuttles, but shuttles mainly for those staying there before or after. I stayed there one night, parked there several days and they shuttled me twice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++