Warwick, NY - 3 miles from Wildcat Shelter on AT
    Images

Default Wher did you complete the AT?

I am sure this topic has been discussed and if so, please refer me to the thread where it was brought up. But here goes:

My friend George Perkinson (Perky) is a conscientious section hiker. After 41 years he finally completed the Appalachian Trail this September by doing the Great Smoky Mountain National Park section southbound and finished up at Fontana Dam. My question aside from Mt. Katahdin & Springer Mountain where have other hikers completed the AT. What is the third most popular place to finish?
    Aaron

Harpers Ferry?

I met a couple who finished their 20+ year section hike at Trail Days in Damascus in '01. Seemed like a good time & place.

Journal Entries
    Images

I finished my thru at the Doyle Hotel in Duncannon, PA. It was Oct 13, 2001.
    Grampie-N->2001

I finished my section hike (after 5 years) at the bandstand in Norwich, Vermont.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Wow, Trail Days, the Doyle, the Norwich bandstand; all interesting places to end. I'm trying to coordinate my sectioning to end at Katahdin in September 2013, if for no other reason than the thrill of ascending that great mountain. I think that I would find it hard not to end at the top of a mountain with a view.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Two friends finished by "sectionong" after a few years for one , and many for the other. The first finished at Harpers Ferry, the other at the Delaware Water gap. I like your idea about Mt K though....Best of luck & Happy Trails!

++ New Posts ++