WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Fishing in the 100 Mile Wilderness

Hi all.........heading out in late Sept to do the 100 mile wilderness, is fishing a viable option as a food source?

If so what gear did you pack?
    Would "Tom Sawyer" mode work, just bring line, hooks, dig for worms or use bread..........stoke up the fire???

Input?

http://www.eregulations.com/maine/fi...w-information/

A. Important: From August 16 – September 30, fishing on rivers, streams, and brooks statewide is restricted to the use of artificial lures only and a total daily bag limit of landlocked salmon, trout and togue: 1 fish.

Bringsome small lures instead of hooks if you're interested in staying legal. Hand line will suffice if you don't want to carry a rod, but the one fish a day limit means you won't be feasting unless you nab a lunker. Still, a good sized trout or salmon beats the heck out of most anything you can carry in, so I'd say grab a license online and give it a shot.
    “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

http://lesstraveledby.net
    YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Images

One fish a day, that is like a snickers bar.................hmmm

After Oct 1st game changes so that is OK..............maybe I will just bring some line, hooks, lures, old orange spade I never used for you know what for soild worm diggin..............take my shoes and socks off and cast a line on whatever long stick is around.

Wasabi and some soy sauce, catch & eat........or is that catch & release??

Journal Entries
    Images

I fish tenkara. And will deffinitly fish a couple states. And the poles wheigh very little. Heck one fish is perfectly acceptable to me!

Images

I am going with Tankara setup but line only - with a screw hook, will find a suitable stick..............the fish should be very concerned.

++ New Posts ++