WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Thru Hike of The Fundy Footpath (Report)

Hey Everyone,

It has been awhile since my last post due to work and family health issues, all is well with the family and the hiking is underway! I know a thru hike of the Fundy Footpath here in eastern Canada is nothing huge in comparison to some of these other long trails but I thought I would share it with you.

The hike started on August 18th at Point Wolfe parking lot in Fundy National Park here in New Brunswick Canada. The trail is 49.2km, however, the trails needed to reach the footpath add to the distance so it is closer to 60km in total. The trail can be done in 3 to 4 days without much of a problem, however, a person must be in shape as the terrain is tough. I would compare sections of this trail to sections of the 100 Mile Wilderness! We chose to take the full 4 days so we could enjoy a number of the blue blaze side trail in the area.

I am working on a video and will link the video to the post as soon as it is done. Here are some pics until then!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a beautiful and interesting area. Is most of the path by the ocean? Did you have to wait for tides? Thanks for sharing this.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Thanks for sharing, CH. It may be a shorter trail but I'm sure there aren't many people who can say they've thru-hiked! Get those pictures rotated!
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Images

Thanks guys! Can't seem to rotate them!

Images

Yes all of the trail is on the coast with a hell of a lot of ups and downs! You have to time the tides for two crossing!

++ New Posts ++