WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: boo question

Default boo question

Figured could get some input as to decent without dropping a ton of money on them. Not so much for hiking but I need some comfy boots that can handle being on
    your feet for 8+ hrs. I work third shift at wally world and the pounding is killing my feet. Had the feeling of a giant hot spot a couple time. Yes I change my socks
    daily. Last night was hdel? Lol on them. Got a pair of walking sneakers but
    they kinda suck. If like to keep them well under a 100 bucks
    "Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."

By Doug Larson

Go barefoot and pour some sand and small pebbles in your boots before you put them on. You need to toughen up your feet.

You, my friend, need a boot that is designed for standing and working on hard (as in tile/concrete) surfaces. I would recommend trying a pair of Wolverine Boots, the ones with Wolverine's "Multishox Contour Welt." Specifically, their 6" Raider boot is a good choice. The boot is designed to disperse shock emitting upwards from the hard floor and dispersing it throughout the welt. Furthermore, the toebox is designed to allow expansion of the forefoot during walking and lifting, and accommodates foot-swelling that naturally occurs during the day. Running shoes and shoes with exaggerated cleated soles will not get you the comfort you are seeking.

Right now the Wolverine Raider with their Multishox Contour Welt is on sale at Sears for (I believe) $89.95 ... normally it runs $130, or so. Take a peek at it here and watch the Contour Welt video:

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en/raide...ot/18352M.html

OkeefenokeeJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    Go barefoot and pour some sand and small pebbles in your boots before you put them on. You need to toughen up your feet.
    Yeah good luck on that one.
    "Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."

By Doug Larson

!
    Quote Originally Posted by OkeefenokeeJoe View Post
    You, my friend, need a boot that is designed for standing and working on hard (as in tile/concrete) surfaces. I would recommend trying a pair of Wolverine Boots, the ones with Wolverine's "Multishox Contour Welt." Specifically, their 6" Raider boot is a good choice. The boot is designed to disperse shock emitting upwards from the hard floor and dispersing it throughout the welt. Furthermore, the toebox is designed to allow expansion of the forefoot during walking and lifting, and accommodates foot-swelling that naturally occurs during the day. Running shoes and shoes with exaggerated cleated soles will not get you the comfort you are seeking.

Right now the Wolverine Raider with their Multishox Contour Welt is on sale at Sears for (I believe) $89.95 ... normally it runs $130, or so. Take a peek at it here and watch the Contour Welt video:

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en/raide...ot/18352M.html

OkeefenokeeJoe

thanks Joe that's kinda help I was looking for. Just wonder how much ya sweat in them. Be reaserching a bit more but does sound like what I'm after.

By Doug Larson

Journal Entries

HAhahaha!! I clicked on this thinking it was a another ghost story!
    " Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. "

Bates boots are designed for exactly the kind of thing you are talking about. They specialize in duty boots for law enforcement and have a lot of support and cushioning for those men and women on their feet all the day in demanding jobs. I believe the last pair I bought was $75. They do have a little break-in time, but they are really comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lnj View Post
    HAhahaha!! I clicked on this thinking it was a another ghost story!

Haha yeah stupid touchpads on the smartphones

By Doug Larson

Footwear is one of the places where you should be willing to spend the money to get the "right" one.
    There have been some suggestions here, and no doubt they are good, thoughtful suggestions. .. since I don't have a boot suggestion, let me suggest you not choose based on price, but on fit first, then reputation and features.

++ New Posts ++