Default Water source on Citrus B Loop

I am planning a overnight on Citrus B Loop. I have read several references to a water pump on a horse trail near the campsite on B Loop. Can someone please tell me exactly where it is?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Journal Entries
    Images

It is posted on the map,but honestly I have never found it... Supposedly from the camp head south on the trail until you reach the horse traqil or road and follow west and there is suppose to be ribbons tied in trees there.
    I myself would just cache water close. You can cache in A few places along FR 13 where the trail comes close to the road.
    I have attached A picture of the map so you can print off etc.
    citrusmap2016.jpg
    If I die trying now I wont die wondering how life could have turned out.....

Journal Entries
    Images

Also if you let me know A few days in advance I will cache you a gallon of h20 at the jackson camp. Just give me enough time to get out there as I live close by there.

Thanks. I am doing a day hike up there next week, so I will look for it. I will let you know if I find it.

I did an overnight there in the spring and drove my jeep (R.I.P) out FR 8 to where it intersects B loop close to the camp and stashed water. The car I have now will never make it out there.

If I can't find the pump, the plan is to go the day before, park at CR 491 and FR 17, and carry in a gallon and stash it.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yeah you can also take FR 13 pretty nice road where any car should make it down.
    And stash there as well.
    Let me know what days and possibly I could join ya out there for A night.

Journal Entries
    Images

I do not think FR 17 is marked from hwy 491 but it will be the first road once you pass cardinal street on 491 if I am not mistaking.

I found the pump yesterday while on a day hike. From where B Loop crosses FR 8, head west on FR 8 several hundred yards. FR 8 will end at FR 19. Follow the Horse trail south from there. It will shortly veer off to the right. Follow that horse trail another few hundred yards to Perryman Place. It is a small open place. There is a sign about 15 ft. up a pole. The pump is straight ahead at the edge of the clearing. It is about 15 minutes from the B Loop/FR 8 intersection.

Did the pump work?

Yes it did.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thats cool. I am doing A water cache out there this weekend and will look for it just so I know where it is.
    Thanks bolts.

I'm happy to read someone has found and reported the directions to that pump! Of the 3 campsites out there, that one is my favorite - and since my truck is a 2 wheel drive and not a scratched up "woods truck", I hesitate taking it down forest trails.

Journal Entries
    Images

I'm happy to read someone has found and reported the directions to that pump! Of the 3 campsites out there, that one is my favorite - and since my truck is a 2 wheel drive and not a scratched up "woods truck", I hesitate taking it down forest trails.
    Yes it is awesome because honestly I have looked for it and havent found it,I am assuming I never went far enough before turning back etc.
    I agree it is one of my favorite campsites of the three there as well.

Journal Entries
    Images

I am heading out next week to do A complete loop tract on Monday and Tuesday.
    I am leaving on Sunday and most likely camping there Sunday night and I will check out your directions,sure beats cameling water the five miles into there.

Images

So I'm guessing the pump will work without priming? Many of these hand pumps I have come across over the years needed priming and I was always reluctant to prime with my remaining good water for fear that the pump wouldn't work.

The pump at Avon Park bombing range comes to mind. I didn't risk my good water on that one and it was a hot day there. I walked out pretty dehydrated after doing the 9 mile loop overnight. (many years ago, so it could have changed)

++ New Posts ++