I , along with many hikers here, have and love Dr. Bronners Peppermint soap. I originally bought it for hiking, and then due to the yummy smell, thought better of it and have just been using it at home instead. I got the unscented stuff for the trail.

My thought, while showering of course, was... for those of you who still use the peppermint soap, or any soap at all really, but especially the peppermint soap, on the trail... Has anyone been lurked at by a bear while splash bathing?

It occurred to me that this scent would certainly attract bears and/or any other wildlife that like peppermints and even if you did hang ALL your smellables, including your soap, what do you do if you have found your perfect little patch of privacy somewhere and your bucket or squirt bottle of water and are trying to freshen up a bit before hanging your bear bag and putting on your cleanest version of dry clothes for the night... and you feel like you are being watched, so you look for a peeper in the trees only to find a bear watching you, or worse yet APPROACHING??

Has that ever happened to anyone? I would love to hear the story if it has.