WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Slack packing Georgia

Has anyone ever slackpacked Georgia? Looking at the maps, it seems somewhat possible for most of the sections. Would like to hear from anyone who has done this with any advise.

(Please no negative comments about slackpacking..... hike your own hike. Thank you)
    Just ignore it

Images

Yes, there have been many people to slack pack Georgia. It would be super easy to do.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Yes, some of the people I hike with on weekends have done it. I couldn't tell you the hostel but they stayed at the same place each night and got shuttled to various road crossings each morning.

Hello. I slack packed GA with Warren Doyle. He does a handful of Smart Hikes each year. Just google his name

That sounds like a good plan. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evyck da fleet View Post
    Yes, some of the people I hike with on weekends have done it. I couldn't tell you the hostel but they stayed at the same place each night and got shuttled to various road crossings each morning.
    Just ignore it

I will, thanks
    Just ignore it

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

Hiker Hostel could get you slackpacked through the entire state. It looks like for $400 pp you can go hiking and sleep in one of the cleanest, coziest hostels on the AT, every night for 7 nights, and get fed (an awesome) breakfast.

The owners and staff are great people too. Sounds like an amazing vacation, I might do it myself. HYOH.

http://hikerhostel.com/lodging/slackpack-georgia/

Hiker Hostel in the beginning or all the way, or use them at the beginning and other, closer shuttle drivers as you move up closer to NC. Joyce and Sally in Hiawassee, and the Top of Georgia Hostel in Hiawassee is new. Those are very reliable, and there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Has anyone ever slackpacked Georgia? Looking at the maps, it seems somewhat possible for most of the sections. Would like to hear from anyone who has done this with any advise.

(Please no negative comments about slackpacking..... hike your own hike. Thank you)
    The hiker hostel even offers it as a service, fyi.

Hiker Hostel is easy to work with. I used them 2 weeks ago for 2 days of slack-packing, before I moved on to a few more days of section hiking.

They will adjust, day-to-day, according to your goals. Josh was even willing to adjust pick-ups via a mid-day text message.

Super clean hostel. Very nice breakfast daily. Highly recommended.

Ditto on the Hiker Hostel, one of the nicest on the entire trail, great folks!
    "every day's a holiday, every meal a feast"

++ New Posts ++