Thread: croom trails

Default croom trails

Anyone have information on croom trails? Best trails/ Tips ..etc..safe to park..Thanks
    Last edited by strollin; 10-21-2016 at 22:47.

Journal Entries
    Images

All I know about is the citrus trails just north of croom.
    If I die trying now I wont die wondering how life could have turned out.....

Images

Here you go, check out the JPEGs I made from the state brochure of the area, all the pertinent stuff. I run down that way on the weekends in the winter months and they are good trails with some surprisingly good views for Florida. Parking at the Tucker Hill fire tower is safe with nice restrooms and potable water available.

When you look at the map you'll see the trail separated into loops. The northern A and A-B loops are higher, more pine forest with a couple nasty little climbs of about 60-80' elevation gain just for fun, there's good scenery there...The B and C loops on the southern side of Croom road offers a mix of pine and oak hammock with some lower ground as you approach the southeastern corner of the map. There's potable water from a faucet at the pavilion near the lake, but I rarely get over there and it's been a few years since I used it, so plan accordingly.

Don't forget, there's a self-serve daily use fee station in the parking lot, just like those at many Florida parks. Enjoy!

Croom-Hiking-Trail-Brochure-page-001.jpgCroom-Hiking-Trail-Brochure-page-002.jpg
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Images

Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Anyone have information on croom trails? Best trails/ Tips ..etc..safe to park..Thanks
    It's the start of big game hunting this Saturday (11/5). Personally, I try to stay away from that area on the weekend of muzzleloading (2 weeks ago) and first weekend of regular gun hunting (tomorrow). The hunting activity drops off the further you get into the season, but where orange or lime green just to be safe. I'm going to try to go over to Richloam where it is the third weekend of archery tomorrow.

++ New Posts ++