WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default caretaker wanted NC

looking for a winter caretaker(s) on remote farm close to the AT in Nantahala NC. Maybe someone in this hiking community would be interested??

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Can't help thinking about "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson.

Here's johnny!!!

Hey standingindian I'd be interested in this. I know the area well, especially the Nantahala area

Quote Originally Posted by standingindian View Post
    looking for a winter caretaker(s) on remote farm close to the AT in Nantahala NC. Maybe someone in this hiking community would be interested??
    I'd be very interested.I am a retired Army LTC, live in SC and am thinking of buying some land in NC to set up a small farm or cabin.This would be a great opportunity to try the life out for a season.How do I contact you?

We would be very interested in this position. We currently work as workcamper in the North Georgia Mountains. Can you please get into contact with me?

Pm and I will reply. Thanks

Pm and I will reply. Thanks
    I am not real sure how to PM on this website.

click on standingindian's name (beside his forum post) and a menu will appear. One of the options will be "private message".

Still looking for the right fit.... Best suited for young, non smoking couple who are outdoor enthusiasts. Thanks!

Still looking for the right fit.... Best suited for young, non smoking couple who are outdoor enthusiasts. Thanks!
    Can you be more specific on what would be expected of the caretaker, and what you would provide in return?

spot open on farm. basically a work/housing trade. rustic dwelling with water/power/gas in exchange for 1 hr of mowing or winter labor a day. we are within walking distance to Nantahala Outdoor Center, where previous tenants have worked. best suited for a person(s) who is hard working, lives simple, and wants to be well off the beaten path. non smoker and reliable transportation a must. thanks for looking!

Spot may be available in near future, not immediately. Just putting some feelers out there. I’m posting here because most people I have met on the trail have been trustworthy. Really would like someone interested in getting the gardens up and running. Thanks in advance.

current residents are moving on. anyone interested?

++ New Posts ++