WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Snow Peak Trek 900 Lid Replacement

I own and love this pot. However, I don't love and don't use the frying pan lid because it doesn't fit right and takes up excess space. I borrowed the lid from another pot but it is steel and it is heavy, but it fits. I am looking for lighter options that would work as a lid (plastic coffee can lid maybe) while boiling water.

If you own this stove and don't use the stupid frying pan lid, what do you use? I'd prefer not to make one out of foil, but wondering if there is anything else out there that might work.

Thanks. I'll check into those if nothing else comes to light. Was hoping not to buy one if anyone has any DIY or other "garbage upcycle" ideas.

Images

This was posted as a replacement for the Snowpeak 600 lid, but there is no reason why you can't make one to suit your needs.

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/28340/

I'll bet Tinny at minibulldesigns would make you one. He uses aluminum so it's not an arm and a leg in cost.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    Thanks. I'll check into those if nothing else comes to light. Was hoping not to buy one if anyone has any DIY or other "garbage upcycle" ideas.
    Its pretty easy to make one outta a red bull can it would take a little practice.
    Hiking the AT is “pointless.” What life is not “pointless”? Is it not pointless to work paycheck to paycheck just to conform?.....I want to make my life less ordinary. AWOL

Thanks. I will be looking at some of these ideas. Since I have one that works, and buying Ti would only shave a few grams I'm not sure it's worth it to spend the money, which is why I'm more interested in an Upcycling option. But things may change and I will keep note of the links for Four Dogs and Mini Bull Designs.

Love my Four Dogs lids! I tried making one several times, but his were much better than anything I was able to do. I have them on my SP 900 and 1300 pots, and also for a GSI Haulite Minimalist. Definitely worth the cost.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

Quote Originally Posted by orthofingers View Post
    I'll bet Tinny at minibulldesigns would make you one. He uses aluminum so it's not an arm and a leg in cost.
    https://www.minibulldesign.com/produ...&idcategory=10

Another vote for the FourDogs Ti lids. I have one on my GSI Minimalist. I removed the wood handle in favor of a small, flexible rubber o-ring. Contemplating another lid from FourDogs for my SP 450 mug.

Images

Agreed, it is a horrible fit. I just can't believe a company with such great stuff has this issue with that lid.

This what I did, short of finding a new lid. With a small nail set and hammer, at the rim of lid where it sits on the pot, tap a small indentation at 12,3,6,& 9 o'clock. It will cause just enough tension to keep the lid on while boiling and packing......................................or... .....find a better lid, which I have not, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by swisscross View Post
    Bookmarked!

My cheap a$$ has over a thousand dollars in gear for hiking, so a $16 lid for a pot that has no lid seems like quite the bargain.

As I mentioned in another thread, a couple years ago, I bought a Stoic 2 pot nonstick Titanium set, that came with one lid that fits both pots. I never carry both pots on a trip, so I have a cheap stove and can of fuel in the other pot as a spare - but no lid. So I may just email Fourdog with the mesurments and get a Ti lid for my oddball pot; then I'll have a complete spare cook-set I can loan to a newby or whatnot.

++ New Posts ++