Images

Default Richloam conditions?

I'm planning to scoot around the east and south loops of Richloam tomorrow 11/5. I suspect the N loop is under water, based on how much the Silver Lake trail in Croom was flooded last weekend. It's the 3rd week of Archery hunting up there so I don't think it will be too bad.

Does anyone know if the trail has been cleared recently?

Images

Just a quick update. We successfully fast packed the east and south loops of the Richloam trail on November 5. The trails had been mowed and only a few branches and bushes were filling in from the side in very infrequent sections. We also opted to check out the low water trail on the southwest. It was still very wet down there with some fording of the swamp and back water areas. It was quite beautiful with dark water, white Ibis, beautiful cypress, and the beauty of being off the beaten path. Our shoes dried within a half hour of hiking on the dry section of the Florida Trail in this area, helped by low humidity this day. There was no archery hunters that we saw. Big gun hunting starts November 19, 2016... so it is best to avoid that area for a while.

++ New Posts ++