WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Halloween treats

I couldn't bring myself to throw away our leftover Halloween treats and I knew that if they stayed in the cupboards, they'd end up all over my hips so I just finished packing 20 ziploc bags with Mini Snickers bars, Reese Pieces, Oh Henry bars, Peanut M&Ms, and Skittles, all still in their original packaging and sealed in the ziplocs bags until next hiking season. I also plan to add homemade trailmix when the time comes. Should make for some pretty good walking snacks. Did I mention I can't wait to go hiking?

If you got too much I've seen Halloween/Christmas candy in a lot of trail magic points. Once before Shenandoah NP we were talking to a local who asked us about the trail, it's trials and tribulations and proceeded to hand us a bag of Halloween candies. ...that was a nice treat for the next few days!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzz View Post
    I couldn't bring myself to throw away our leftover Halloween treats and I knew that if they stayed in the cupboards, they'd end up all over my hips so I just finished packing 20 ziploc bags with Mini Snickers bars, Reese Pieces, Oh Henry bars, Peanut M&Ms, and Skittles, all still in their original packaging and sealed in the ziplocs bags until next hiking season. I also plan to add homemade trailmix when the time comes. Should make for some pretty good walking snacks. Did I mention I can't wait to go hiking?
    Why cant you go hiking now? No need to wait till next year.

Halloween and Christmas candy as trail magic is a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    Why cant you go hiking now? No need to wait till next year.
    Work/children/winter... We still do day hikes but longer outings will have to wait till next year unfortunately.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzz View Post
    Oh Henry, proof you live in Canada. I have access to copious amount of candy, occupational hazard and I have made trailmix from all kinds of candy. there is life outside of peanuts, M&Ms and raisins.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Make a ginger bread house with left over halloween candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    Oh Henry, proof you live in Canada.
    Yup! I also forgot to say that I had Smarties in there too. Gonna be yummy!

++ New Posts ++