WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    This scenario is all too commonly caused by hubris and a pretentious attitude that presupposes an over exaggerated level of knowledge.
    Are you guys just venting (no pun intended) or something? Have a bad day? Sure this kind of pretentious stuff happens all the time, but I don't see it in this thread.

And really, are any of us not guilty of this "pretentious attitude that presupposes an over exaggerated level of knowledge"? Not including Dogwood, of course....

Simple thread, simple question: how to restore the DWR coating on a simple, classic rain jacket, question answered with a couple different products that seem to work really well. Why the drama?

Just a few of us thread drifting having a side conversation and opining related to layering and jacket breathability. You're welcome to participate if you have something constructive to add. You shouldn't let our little aside bother you in this sub forum.

Sorry.... guilty as charged. I've "recharged" my DWR exactly twice on a jacket. It doesn't last very long and I'm not sure if it ever helped me to stay dry. The only products I've used are Nixwax and Gear Aid "ReviveX" DWR (had to look in my cabinet for that one). Follow the directions....neither were near as effective as the original DWR treatment.

I use the wash-in product and I have a spray bottle of ReviveX to "spot check" my high wear areas. At least that was the plan when I bought it. I'm not sure it really matters all that much but it gives me something to do when I am not arguing on Internet forums.

Looking back I see my last post had a bit of a nasty tone, my apologies. Perhaps in the original post I should have phrased it as re-coating rather than re-waterproofing, as I have no misconceptions of rain gear limitations.

Part of my attachment to the Precip is admittedly nostalgia, it has served me well as an outer shell. But, I also prefer its versatility over more ultralight options for the portions of the trip where we won't be backpacking.
    the dude abides

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++