So I published another blog post last night which I welcome you all to read here at 2180miles.com

Long story short, I've got all of my gear, it all fits very snugly into my pack, and I'm headed up to the Whites to test it this weekend on a 18ish mile loop around Crawford Notch. The goal is a mix of elevation and distance, and I'll be spending a night up there in the new tent. I comedically set the tent up in my living room Wednesday night, then again on my back porch last night and spent overnight sleeping outside to make sure everything worked comfortably. The -15 degree bag was HOT (fleece bottoms, long underwear poly top) and temps dropped only into the mid 30s. I'm not entirely sure what I'll see this weekend at elevation, but it won't be -15. Side note, I did not use the bag liner last night, instead leaving it stuffed down by my feet.

For those who are Whites friendly and knowledgable, the plan is to go up Signal Ridge Trail from 302, over Mt. Carrigan, down Desolation Trail, and spend the night along the Carrigan Notch trail. The next morning i'll take Nancy Pond trail around the lower elevations of Mt. Anderson and Duck Pond Mountain before making it back down to 302. My folks have a vacation property in Bartlett about 20-30 minutes away and will drop off/pick up so that I don't need to leave mine in a parking lot or be car spotted back. Weather shows a likelihood of snow, so I'm bringing my light traction and snowshoes, planning to overpack to get a good idea of how weight will be including a few days worth of food.

Anyway, that's the update as of now. Since everyone likes photos, here's one of 96% of my gear laid out in a pretty picture.

Talk soon!

20161130-img-8882.jpg