WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Outdoor Vitals Sleeping Bags

Just came across this and wondered if anyone has had any experience with their products? Lifetime warranty and their down bags are pretty cheap compared to others?

https://outdoorvitals.com/product-ca...sleeping-bags/

Thoughts?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by monadnock9 View Post
    Just came across this and wondered if anyone has had any experience with their products? Lifetime warranty and their down bags are pretty cheap compared to others?

https://outdoorvitals.com/product-ca...sleeping-bags/

Thoughts?
    I was thinking about picking up the summit 30 their stuff doesn't look too bad, yeah made in China but it's a Utah based company and they offer a limited lifetime warranty I've read a lot of good reviews about the company itself and how helpful their staff is, the bags seem to have good rating themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider the potential longevity of companies offering lifetime warranties. If they go under, so does your lifetime warranty. The case of GoLite is instructive here.

cspan -- that is so very true.

Any info on these? I'm thinking of getting a kids bag for my pup and their 35 synthetic bag for my wife and I to break the puppy into camping. I'd assume the fabric isn't to light weight/thin on those cheap bags.

I have the 20 degree underquilt which doubles as a sleeping bag. I've used it once on the AT in PA. The temps got down to 'feels like' 5 degrees. With a 20 degree top quilt and layers of clothes I was very comfortable. The quality is good. The zippers can be sticky because of the wind barrier tape behind them. The quilt is baffled and seems well sewn. It weighs 2 pounds 1 ounce. For the price I am very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sethd513 View Post
    Any info on these? I'm thinking of getting a kids bag for my pup and their 35 synthetic bag for my wife and I to break the puppy into camping. I'd assume the fabric isn't to light weight/thin on those cheap bags.

I just picked up the 35 degree OV light bag. It's not bad at all material quality seems fine, I wasn't expecting much from a $45 bag but I think it will do fine for warmer months and was thinking about dirt bagging with it and my Costco quilt and seeing how far I can drive the temp rating. I'll do a backyard test first of course

Another hiker I know got the 0f for a cheap winter bag and says it's adequate and the temp rating wasn't bad (all the info I got)

Main reason i wouldn't buy these is because I don't like the weight inefficiency. 2.5 lbs for their 20f bag, and they claim 1.2 lbs fill (which is good). So 1.3 lbs for the shell?
    I am happier just carrying a 20f quilt for $250 or so and over 1 lb less.

But these are a decent budget bag option. And for a new puppy noted above, the thick shell and lower value could make it suitable

++ New Posts ++