WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Go to Gossamer Gear for Professional packaging

I posted a thread a couple months ago about having trouble opening a tightly packed cuben fiber sleeping bag. When I opened the box I had inadvertently scratched and thereby tore a frail and very easily cut material that I had zero previous experience with. Numerous posters on this site crucified me for not using a spoon or a thumb and not having their expertise in unpacking camping gear from cottage industry/mom and pop companies.

I recently got an ultralight tarp from Gossamer Gear and Lo and Behold!!!! They attach a warning on the OUTSIDE of their box saying not to use a knife.

So I stand by my original premise that the other company at the end of the alphabet could have done a better job packaging and could have done a better job standing behind their stated warranty on their webpage of "complete satisfaction." I am not bitter with the company that packed the sleeping bag. In fact I even inquired and was looking to buy their bivvy sac but they don't have it in stock and they won't be available until April because they don't have the materials.

so a very sincere, Thank you Gossamer Gear.

The coffee I just bought also says "Caution. Hot!" on it. Thanks to them, otherwise I would have risked pouring it on my leg

I have noticed similar warnings from other companies on fragile gear. A nice courtesy, but shouldn't be required

With cuben material for big $$, you'd think (as a manufacturer) that most people have a basic idea about it.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

as a manufacturer myself, I'd think the manufacturer wouldnt pack it so tightly. i know our customers would force us to replace it in a similar situation. we hire packaging engineers for a reason.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Not bitter but you start another post about the same subject.

Thom

I ordered a gorilla just after your first rant....laughed when I saw That warning label as I thought of you!!! GG is a great company though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G, Z, H or U are all great companies.

It's hard to make it idiot proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Good Lord, let it go. It was your dumbass fault that you cut your Zpacks tarp, or stuff sack or whatever it was. Just.....let....it.....go. Everyone had forgotten about you, but you went and reminded us all what a dumbass you are. Thank you for that.

So I stand by my original premise that the other company at the end of the alphabet could have done a better job packaging and could have done a better job standing behind their stated warranty on their webpage of "complete satisfaction."
    Seriously? You slice it and it's their fault??

I've gotten a package or two from Zpacks and Enlightened Equipment and just figured I should be really, really careful opening them. Call me crazy but it has worked pretty well so far.

So here's the suggested warning: "DON'T USE A KNIFE. DUH"

Images

I love boxes from Moosejaw, they say "do not use a knife, open with your teeth!".

Images

That was months ago and you still can't move on? I feel bad for any old flames that dumped you...
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Engine View Post
    That was months ago and you still can't move on? I feel bad for any old flames that dumped you...
    Probably not his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    Probably not his fault.
    LMAO and refraining from making any tiny knife joke...just sayin....

Yeah, and grocery bags have warnings to not put them over your head. That doesn't absolve a presumably fit person from suffocating themselves absent a warning.

Wait... What? ZPacks is awesome. Isn't a lot of gossamer gears stuff outsourced from overseas? Besides the point. Why would you open what you know is extremely expensive and delicate gear with a blade. Hell, I won't even cook within ten feet of my cuben fiber tarps or down bags. Yeah I understand poor packaging. But if it arrived poorly packaged, wouldn't you be more careful opening it? I don't get it. But knives and cuben fiber don't mix. Lesson learned.

Knives and tents don't mix. Period. Stoves and tents don't mix. Period. Cigs and tents don't mix. Period.(Read Jon Kraukauer's hilarious tale off how he burned his tent down by smoking a joint on his first expedition!)

But, I suppose you have to put it in writing for the perpetually clueless. Like Moosejaw. They had Lear in mind when they made their warning label.....just sayin....

Images

[QUOTE=Lear;2110469]I posted a thread a couple months ago

Numerous posters on this site crucified me

I recently got an ultralight tarp from Gossamer Gear and Lo and Behold!!!! They attach a warning on the OUTSIDE of their box saying not to use a knife.

So I stand by my original premise

I am not bitter

If I could, politely, suggest, that you view several of these fine video's;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9pPyKYgcBk

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder940 View Post
    Good Lord, let it go. It was your dumbass fault that you cut your Zpacks tarp, or stuff sack or whatever it was. Just.....let....it.....go. Everyone had forgotten about you, but you went and reminded us all what a dumbass you are. Thank you for that.

Unbelievable... +1

Ya can't fix ridiculous!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Ya can't fix ridiculous!

sticking-out-tongue.jpg.................................................. ..........

Images

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    Probably not his fault.
    Post of the day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++